Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, New Post

It's no secret that I have "fallen off the wagon" when it comes to writing posts.  Life has been so busy over the past few months. Between my brother's wedding,
the holidays
and trying to keep my house running in some kind of fashion,
I have let sitting down to write take a back seat.  I have been feeling guilty about this but have continued to put it off.  Maybe because I figure, "who wants to follow a blog where the author writes maybe once a month" or maybe because at the end of the day when I finally feel like I have time, all I want to do is catch up on the newest episodes of my favorite shows available on Netflix.  Either way, I have decided today, on the first day of the New Year, to make time to sit down and write; and to continue doing so at least once a week for the next year. 

Maybe this is a little bit ambitious, but isn't that what New Year is about?  Setting goals that we hope to achieve and if we don't we restart them the following year?  I know that for myself I more or less set the same resolutions every year. And every year, I do great for the first 6 months or so and then life takes precedent and my goals are quickly forgotten.  So, this year, I am hoping to do things a little different.  It has been proven that setting goals that are achievable and time sensitive help us to reach them.  And doesn't it feel much better to set attainable goals and complete them?  There is such a sense of pride that comes from being able to say "I did it!".   Additionally, I have found both with my personal life and the work I do with my clients that if there is someone to be accountable to the goal is much more likely to be reached.  Therefore, I am putting my readers in the position of holding me accountable, and am sharing my top 5 goals with you today.

 

New Year's Resolutions

  1. Live a healthier lifestyle-less wine, more workouts. Less junk, more clean eating.  Even though I do well with this most of the year, the past few weeks I have definitely gained what I call "The Holiday 5" by eating handfuls of Chex Mix, Cookies and anything else I could indulge myself in.  I am not going to say, "I am going to lose 15 pounds" because I don't know if that will happen.  But I will say that I am going to make better choices, and hope to be able to share with you my journey as my body begins to thank me for giving it what it wants and needs rather than what I want and think I need.
  2. Finish my LISW.  For those of you who don't know, I have been working on completing this next level of licensure in Social Work for a little over 2 years. The doors that will open with having an independent license will be phenomenal and therefore I am making it a point to complete this license this year. 
  3. ORGANIZE my house.  It feels like every time I get something organized, there are 858492893 other things that need the same attention.  I plan to knock this all out within the first 3 months of 2015, room by room.  I will also be getting rid of a lot of stuff that I don't need to hang on to.  I will let you all know what I will be getting rid of, in case you want any of said stuff.
  4. Write recipes.  Everyone knows that we cook in my house.  Normally Steven is in charge, and that makes it hard for me to write and share recipes with you.  Therefore, I am proposing (without Steven's knowledge) more joint cooking, and more recipe writing.  Even if we have to video tape ourselves and write the recipe after, I think it will be worth it.
  5. Number 4 led me to this last top 5 goal, which is share more of our tips with you, my readers.  We will be posting videos, recipes and more blog posts about what I think are helpful topics.  And hopefully through doing so will be able to get Let's Be Wellness off and running.
So maybe these goals aren't written as time sensitive and specific, but I didn't want bore you with all of the "I will do this by this date to make this goal happen".   But they do give you the idea of what Steven, my family and I will be working on to make this year, the best year possible.  
 
I hope that all of you have set some achievable goals for the year, and I look forward to watching us all grow during 2015.  Here is to a wonderful year filled with happiness, love, progress and wellness for our minds, bodies and souls. Let's Be Happy, Let's Be Healthy, Let's Be Wellness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Let's Be Wellness!.Maira Gall.