Friday, August 8, 2014

Fresh Cherry Watermelon Mint and Feta Salad

I would be lying if I told you that I hadn't been putting off publishing this post until the very last minute. Well, there is a good reason for that.  I told myself that once I had three posts published, I would share my blog with everyone.  I don't feel uncomfortable with strangers reading my writing, but I have always been shy about people I know, other than my mom, reading some of my personal thoughts and feelings.  I am a pretty open book, but just like everyone I have insecurities.  While I think that Steven and I make delicious food, and that I am a pretty decent writer; everyone's palates for food and writing are different.  Plus, let's face it, not everyone can cook.  So, my fears with sharing my blog is that people will 1. not like the recipes and/or posts I have and/or 2. royally screw up our recipe and make it taste horrible (of course that won't be you!)Maybe that's mean, but it's honest.  Anyway, a wise person once told me that our fear is meant to keep us from achieving greatness.  And I hope that this blog will be just that.  If I/we can help one person want to eat healthier, be more active and care for themselves more holistically then I will call this a great success.  


So here goes nothing, my leap of faith in touching one life. My third post. And my moment to share Let's Be Wellness with my friends, family and anyone else wanting to better their lives!
 
This recipe for Fresh Cherry Watermelon Mint and Feta Salad serves 6 and has only 67 calories per 85g serving (a little less than 1/2 cup). While it's high in sugars and saturated fat, this recipe comes packed with a very high amount of Vitamin B6.  B6 plays an important role in the body's production of serotonin and norepinephrine, which are your body's natural antidepressants.  No wonder, I have felt so good at work these past few days munching on this for a midday snack. This recipe also provides us with high levels of Vitamins A and C which many of us already know are very important for our bodies.  We will provide you with more information about the nutrients and importance of eating healthy recipes as we  continue developing our blog.  But for now, I hope this recipe gives you an idea of how delicious and diverse healthy eating can be.
 
Fresh Cherry Watermelon Mint and Feta Salad
Recipe Makes 6, 85g Servings (a little less than 1/2 cup)

 
After making, recipe keeps in the refrigerator for about 5 days
 
 
Ingredients:
·        2 cups Fresh Watermelon, cubed (you probably want to pick out the seeds if you can!)
·        1/3 cups  Fresh Cherries, pitted and halved
·        1/2 medium Red Onion, cut in thin slices
·        1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
·        4 to 5 leaves of Fresh Mint, minced
·        Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions:
1.     Mix all items except for cheese together in a medium to large bowl
2.     Refrigerate until cold
3.     Add Feta crumbles and stir

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Let's Be Wellness!.Maira Gall.