Sunday, August 31, 2014

(Another) Batch of Muffins

It's been about a week since I have posted.  I set a goal for myself for one post and one recipe a week.  I did really well initially, but this past week has been kind of hectic and I just didn't have the time to sit down and write. And when I did, I quite honestly didn't feel like it.  But since I have been feeling guilty, I made a point to make sure I sat down today to share with you.  So while this post isn't going to be my usual soapbox rant, I will share with you a recent recipe I created.  Blueberry Peach Muffins.  These are a good breakfast treat, low fat and with only 128 calories per serving.  I hope y'all enjoy this, and I hope to sit down and write a longer blog at some point today or within the next few days.  Thanks for being patient, and enjoy!


Blueberry Peach Muffins
Recipe makes 12 muffins; Serving Size is 1 muffin




 
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TBSP canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cup gluten free flour
  • 2 TBSP flax meal
  • 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3/4-1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 2 fresh peaches, pitted and diced
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Place muffin liners in a muffin tin, or spray with a nonstick cooking spray
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together almond milk, applesauce, egg, canola oil and vanilla
  4. In a larger bowl mix flour, flax, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
  5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet mixture
  6. Mix together, but do not over mix, the batter should be somewhat lumpy
  7. Gently fold in blueberries and peaches
  8. Separate batter into muffin tins
  9. Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown
  10. ENJOY when cooled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Let's Be Wellness!.Maira Gall.